Wednesday, November 9, 2011

24 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 8

I am thankful for the Autumn.  I like some things about every season, but I LOVE the Fall!  I love the sights (although leaves don't get as pretty here), tastes and smells!  I love the way the sun sheds light differently this time of year---at a different angle, and, seemingly a different golden hue.  I love the dry winds that stir up and the sound of the leaves swishing in the trees and skittering across the street.  I love the smell of the fuji, gala, and honey crisp apples on my kitchen counter.  The spices of fall---the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and cardamon---fill my nostrils with happiness!  And then, there are the tastes of fall---the pumpkin and apple laced with the mentioned spices---oh!  There are no words!  For Jackson's birthday, I made Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.  I love the recipe, but I do have to give credit to my sister-in-law, Robyn, for finding the recipe!  (Click here for recipe.) I'm not that big on pumpkin in things that do not bake in an oven.   I can do without pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin pancakes, but there is something special about a fluffy pumpkin muffin, bread, or cupcake.  Now, if you pair the baked pumpkin fluffiness with cream cheese, forget about it!!!  All I need to pair that with is a hot Chai Tea Latte!

No comments: