Monday, November 5, 2012

Dirty Dishes

Say what?!?!  I'm thankful for dirty dishes???  When I woke up this morning, this is what I saw when I walked in the kitchen:
That's right.  I'm "coming clean" about my dirty dishes.  I have to say that this is THE thing that stresses me out.  Waking up to dirty dishes.  Yet, it happens often, no matter how hard I try to keep them out of the sink, they always seem to pile up.  Now, I'm sure you're wondering why I am thankful for these begrimed pieces of plastic and porcelain, especially when they are my arch nemesis of housework.

I am thankful for dirty dishes because it means that my family has filled their bellies with food, shared conversations, laughs and prayers over the kitchen table, and that I have spent time elsewhere, whether that be changing diapers, making paper airplanes, or helping the kids with a craft.

Don't get me wrong.  These dishes will get done.  They always do.  That's not to say that within less than an hour of having every single dish washed and put away, more are put into the sink.  That is exactly why I have to try and keep the mindset of where these dirty dishes come from---from all these little blessings I have running around the house.

With that said, I'd like to leave you with the poem I want to put over my kitchen sink:

It's perfect, isn't it?  Once I get Illustrator installed on my computer, I'll be right on making a colorful version of this for my kitchen!  Happy dish washing, everyone!  :)

No comments: