Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 10: Cookie Dough Bites

Clean eating can be fun.  No really.  It can.  I love to see what I can make out of really simple, healthy ingredients.

I found an article on healthy "late night" snacks on Pinterest.  I made these cookie dough bites the other night and was pleasantly surprised with how good they turned out!  There are very few ingredients and they take less than 5 minutes to make and a few minutes to chill.  Enjoy!

Cookie Dough Bites

Indredients:
(Yields 30 balls)

2 1/2 cups almond meal
1/4 tsp sea salt
10 Tbsp butter*
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
3 Tbsp semisweet chocolate (chopped)
1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional---I added this because I LOVE COCONUT!)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together.  Roll into balls and put onto wax paper on a cookie sheet.  Chill until firm. You can also freeze these babies for future late night snacks.  If you want to add a bit more sweetness, but more calories, you can dip them in melted semi-sweet chocolate.

*I am going to make these again this week and try making them with coconut oil.  I have a feeling it will work and taste scrumptious!  I will update the results!

No comments: