Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 3: DIY Jewelry Cleaner

A couple weeks ago, my sweet toddler dumped my store bought jewelry cleaner out on our bath rug. Bummer. I then realized I didn't need or want to spend 5 bucks on another jewelry cleaner. I would make some. No doubt, Pinterest came to the rescue, once again! I found a recipe a few weeks ago and put it to use today.

DIY Jewel Cleaner

You will need:
2 cups hot water
1 Tbsp of each: Salt, Baking Soda, Dish Soap
A bowl
Foil to cover bottom of bowl
Jewelry

Directions:
Put foil in bowl. Add water. Add salt, baking soda and dish soap. Add jewelry. It should fizz a bit. Set timer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove, rinse, and enjoy the sparkles!

Results: I cannot tell you how clean and sparkly my ring is. I'm afraid the iPhone camera doesn't show how sparkly it really is! I had trouble focusing on the ring in the "after" photo because it was so shiny! I'm never going to buy cleaner again, that's for sure!




No comments: