Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pregnancy Update - 9 weeks!


I am now 9 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy has already been very different than my first. I got sick almost right after I found out I was pregnant (around 5 weeks) and have been nauseous on a consistent basis ever since. Of course, that includes visits to the porcelain throne. Word of the wise: strawberry ice cream tastes wonderful on the way down, but not the other way around. The smell of BBQ sauce makes me want to puke, and of course, that is one of Jackson's favorite things to dip his food in right now. Oh, yes, and I am breaking out like I am 13 years old again! With my pregnancy with Jackson, I had such a clear complexion. Another difference from the pregnancy before is that I am not gaining much weight (yet!). During the first few weeks of my last pregnancy, I gained 7 pounds (I know...that is a whole lot!). I have only gained 1 1/2 lbs this time around. The OB/GYN told me on our first visit last week that sometimes a pregnancy that is a lot different than a previous pregnancy may mean the baby is a different gender. This would mean that we would have broken some HUGE odds of have ALL boys. However, the doctor did add a "But, you never know," after that statement. So, you know what is totally amazing about what is forming inside me? This little baby already has little fingers and toes, and is even growing teeth! HERE IS A LINK to view video of a 9 week old baby inside the womb...it is pretty amazing! This makes all this sickness soooo worth it!

1 comment:

Lindy PRD said...

It's interesting to see how pregnancy goes for others and how each one is different. I have been lucky enough to escape the vomiting part of pregnancy, but I am not sure when my appetite will return even though I'm almost 16 weeks. It's still hard to eat meat. It would be fun for you guys to have a girl. I was so excited my sister was having a girl after she had Caleb. That video of early pregnancy is crazy. A ultrasound can only show so much... although I appreciate them immensely :)