Thursday, July 17, 2008

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe...EVER!

Due to so many people asking me for my chocolate chip cookie recipe, I've decided to post it again. So, for all of you who asked, here it is! And to quote Lizette, "These cookies are healthier than vitamins!" Enjoy!

For years I have been on the search for just the right chocolate chip cookie recipe. Not too doughy, but not too hard...just the right amount of chewy goodness. It seems I have found it. I got the recipe off of allrecipes.com and tweaked it a bit (I always do!). I used whole wheat flour, so it is a bit healthier, and it is surprisingly delicious! My dad ate the cookies and enjoyed them...and I'm not sure if he noticed the difference in taste...which means there isn't much of a difference! I also used more vanilla. So, in the end the recipe turned out a bit different. Feel free to try to recipe yourself!
Ingredients:
1 c butter flavored shortening
2 eggs
3/4 c white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 c brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 c whole wheat flour
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy (beat them on med-low). Add the eggs on at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Due to the fact that the dough is darker because of the wheat, it may be hard to tell what "light brown" is. Cookies will still be a bit doughy and light brown around the edges. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Tip: Cookies will stay very moist for several days (if you can keep them around that long!), however, if you forgot to cover them up, or they are getting hard, you can either warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds or put a few apple slice in the same container as the cookies. This keeps the cookies moist for a long time. I learned the apple trick from my grandma!

1 comment:

April said...

Hey! We use butter flavored crisco instead of butter too. I will have to try your recipe. They look delicious.