Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Madelyn @ 3 Months

It is hard to believe that 14 weeks ago today, I gave birth to this precious little girl. She has grown so much since then, weighing in at about 12 1/2 lbs and about 22 inches long. She has been smiling and cooing for a while. I love the way she interacts with me and the way I can keep her attention in "conversation" for quite a while. She is hanging on to toys now. She likes to chew on soft toys, so her favorite is to chew on a stuffed rabbit toy's ear. Its amazing to see her personality come out already. If she is left alone in the swing for more than a few minutes (she can't hear or see anyone), she will let out load noises until someone pays attention to her. But, if I am in the same room with her in the swing, she will sit their happily (if she is changed and fed). She is a happy baby! She is very similar to Jackson in that way. Even though they both were a bit fussy at night often (due to gas probably), Jackson and Madelyn both were happy babies. Jackson still is a very happy boy.
Speaking of Jackson...he loves his baby sister so much! He constantly tells me, "She's so cute, Mommy!" and if we are going somewhere, he makes sure to ask, "Madelyn's going too, Mommy?" She loves him as well. When he comes into the room, she lights up and sometimes smiles and waves her arms and legs in excitement. I hope they are always this excited about eat other!After three months, I finally got Madelyn's room finished, aside from a curtain and a light I need to hang up!
Oh...and if you are wondering, she isn't sleeping through the night yet. Everybody seems to ask that question. We still are waiting for that to happen. She has a routine and goes to sleep on her own at night, which is a start. She still feeds twice a night, though. That time will come...soon...I hope!!!!

No comments: