Thursday, December 17, 2009

Those Long Hallways

It was a year ago last week that Mark got into his accident. The day was Friday, December 12th. I had been Christmas shopping and preparing for our annual Christmas party we were to have that evening. I forgot my cellphone. So many frantic messages from Troy greeted me when I got home. I called him right away. It didn't look good, he said, and I needed to come right away. I immediately canceled any plans that we had for the rest of the day and headed to the hospital. It was a long, tear-filled journey. My heart sank to the pit of my stomach. All I could think of was Angie and Nolan. What it would mean if we lost Mark...if they lost Mark. I continuously prayed for them as I drove toward the hospital and away from the setting sun. For Mark, his earthly journey ended just beyond those long hallways at Mission Hospital. For Angie and Nolan, their journey of life without Mark began just beyond those hallways. I know that life without Mark may seem very much like those long, seemingly never-ending hallways at Mission. This time of year is extremely hard for everyone who experienced loss with Mark, but especially Angie and Nolan. Please keep them in your prayers this holiday season. Please pray for comfort through this seemingly never-ending grief that they are experiencing. If you haven't visited it lately, Angie writes of how she is dealing with life this time of year at PrayfortheLamberths.com. Some other dates to keep Angie in your prayers are December 19th, which is what would have been their 11th wedding anniversary, and January 8th, the first anniversary of Mark's death. While you are lifting Angie and Nolan up in prayer, please keep it in mind to pray for the comfort of Mark's parents, Jimmy and Barb, and siblings, Matt, Amanda, and Amy. The Lamberth family has been through quite at bit this past year, but God has blessed them with enough strength and perseverance to get through it. I thank God for those daily blessings.

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
-Matthew 5:4

2 comments:

angie said...

yikes, that hallway i will never forget. i appreciate you guys praying. it has been a long hallway of a year, and God is walking along with all of us.

love u.

Christ in the Chaos said...

Thank you for posting this Melissa. Yes those hallways were/are long and this picture brings back some very sad memories but praise God for those that have God waiting for them at the end. We continue to lift Angie and Nolan and Jimmy and Barb up as well as the rest of the family. We love you all.