Monday, August 27, 2012

Madelyn is 3!

Madelyn turned three-years-old yesterday.  I can hardly believe it myself.  It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time.  Life is truly a vapor!  In the last few weeks, a spark came on and Madelyn has turned into a very girly little girl.  She no longer gets excited about the Cars movies anymore, although she still loves wearing her Cars shirt.  Cinderella is her favorite movie.  She has no idea that any other Disney Princesses exist, but that is fine with me!  She loves dress up and pretty barrettes to put in her hair.  She loves pink and purple and wants me to like those colors too.  She often asks, "Mommy do you like pink?"  When I say, "Yes," she smiles and says, "I like pink, too, Mommy!"  She also is fond of ballerinas and, of course, Hello Kitty.  Here are some more fun facts about Madelyn at three years of age:

~Madelyn loves Dino Chicken Nuggets from Costco.  She would eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if she could.
~She is less social than her brothers, but will pick a few friends and really enjoy them.
~She would rather not have a lot of attention on her.  When we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her, sadly, she cried.  It was too much for her.  I suppose I need to be more mindful of that.
~Madelyn loves going to Sunday School and pronounces it "Skunday School."
~She still sleeps with her "blankie" every time she naps and every night.  I'm surprised it doesn't have holes!
~Madelyn enjoys wearing my shoes around the house.  I can never find them because of this.  I think it is precious, though!
~Madelyn still loves her kitties and animals in general.  She is fond of butterflies and birds as well.
~She is fully potty-trained, although she prefers me to take her potty still.  She is incredibly good at "holding it."  Too good!

 An early birthday treat with her Aunt Jenni before she moved up to Washington.

 Madelyn's hair is still very curly.  It has gotten long, but I haven't had the guts to cut it yet!
 Madelyn truly enjoys time with her siblings, but thrives when she gets time alone too.

 She is quite a spunky girl!  She loves sunglasses, but always wears them upside down!
 Madelyn in her- er - I mean my favorite wedges!
 Madelyn had to say good-bye to her favorite kitty this month.  She gave her a nice brushing before she went to her new family.  She misses her, but it was the best for all of us!
 Madelyn just started to eat cheeseburgers.  Meat, aside from Dino chicken nuggets, has not been her favorite thing.
My big three-year-old!!!

No comments: