Friday, October 17, 2008

A Fall Favorite: Oak Glen

Fall is my favorite season. I love the smell of apple crisp and pumpkin bread baking, and wassail brewing. I love the cool wind that blows on occasion. I love the falling leaves. A place that brings all these special things together is Oak Glen. Troy and I were able to take Jackson last week to experience Oak Glen for the first time. David, Robyn, Scott and Rachel, and their little boy Brendan joined us as well. Jackson loved it (of course---it is outdoors!). He got the whole experience, too. He ate pea soup and a grilled cheese sandwich at Law's Diner. He walked through a pumpkin patch and picked out his own pumpkin, and he even got to feel the very cool, fall breeze (about 50 degrees to be exact!). We all had a wonderful time! Perhaps Jackson will love Autumn as much as Troy and I do!

No comments: