Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching up!

Oh! I have been terrible about updating this blog lately! I have been so busy that the blog has been put on the "back burner," so to speak, and I always seem to forget things on the back burner! Well, not to worry! I just uploaded some *brand new* photos from my camera and am about to display them here! These photos are of Jackson just being silly!Concerning Jackson, he is 20 months old now. I can hardly believe that he is 4 months away from turning 2 years old. It almost seems absurd the way time has flown by so fast! Jackson's personality is coming out more and more everyday. He is showing himself to be more and more like Troy, and that is a good thing! He is very, very social and loves the world around him. He gets excited over things that may seem ordinary to anyone else, just like Troy. I think that is one of the things I like most about Troy, so to see that trait in Jackson is a joy! Jackson is also recognizing letters and colors now. His favorite letters are "H" and "T". His favorite color seems to be yellow. He also has an obsession with Disney Pixar's Cars and anything and everything having to do with that movie! If you ask him what Lighting McQueen says, he immediately replies, "KA-CHOW!" Jackson has just become found of Thomas the train. He asks Troy and I to tell stories about Thomas before bedtime and nap time. He loves when we include Jackson and all his friends in the story. His eyes light up when we mention his name. It is sooooo sweet!Jackson has also started to attend the toddler Sunday school class at our church. The class technically is for 2 and up, but when Jackson turned 18 months, I decided I would sit in there with him. Its worked out pretty well. As long as he sits in my lap, he stays put! He is starting to sit an listen longer. He loves to listen to the Bible stories and color with the other kids. He even has learned the answer to the first Shorter Catechism question, "Who made you?" If you ask him that question, he responds, "God!" On that note, I am pleased that is he learning these things. Troy and I pray everyday for him! So far, Jackson has taken a liking to praying. I think it comforts him. He always prays with us before bed time and always prays with us before meals. If we forget to pray, even if we are half-way through the meal, Jackson will make sure we pray! He holds out his hands and says, "Pray! Pray!" very urgently! It seriously melts my heart. I pray that this interest in listening to God's Word and praying to God continues as he grows!

No comments: