Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Florida Trip - Day 1

Our first day in Miami we went to a Cuban restaurant called Versailles and I ordered what was called the Calle Ocho Sandwich. The Sandwich was made on a delicious Cuban bread with fresh carved ham and turkey, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce...it was absolutely the best sandwich I've ever had!
After eating at Versailles, we changed and headed over to Tim & Patty's wedding (the reason we went to Florida). It was held at the botanical gardens in Miami Beach. I have to admit, I didn't see the wedding because Jackson got a bit fussy. It was sooo hot and humid and I'm sure that had something to do with it!

At the end of the receiption, Tim and Patty had a pinata that Patty and the kids at the wedding got to swing at...I thought that was a fun idea. And, of course, Tim put a special touch on that Tradition by adding fake stick-on mustaches to the candy mix in the pinata! Everyone was putting them on...that was fun! Jackson even tried one on!
Of course, we got a family photo taken....without the mustaches, though!
At the end of the night, the sparklers came out to bid Tim and Patty farewell. That was the first time I had seen that done since we aren't allowed to do that where we live! It was beautiful!When we were done cleaning up at the reception, a big group of us who flew in from California walked over a couple blocks to the Art Deco area of Miami Beach and we ate a snack at a French bakery/restaurant called Paul. I had the best Mango smoothie there! It tasted like I was drinking a mango! Troy got a tasty raspberry tart. We really enjoyed hanging out with the California folk!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy, Jackson really looks like his Daddy in the top picture!