Thursday, January 3, 2008

My cup of tea!

Troy bought a single-cup beverage maker today. I'm not sure if thats actually what it is called, but that is exactly what the machine does. It will brew a single cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. It is perfect for Troy and I because we only have one cup at a time anyway. It works by putting discs of your favorite beverage in the machine and hot water goes through it and into the cup. I had my first cup of hot chocolate in a mug that my aunt got me for Christmas...the saying is perfect for the experience I am going through right now. Although, I must say, on that subject, Jackson slept through the night last night! He slept from about 12:30am to 7:50am! That is almost 7 1/2 hours!!! That felt AMAZING! I'm not going to get my hopes up for tonight, though. He hasn't developed a pattern yet. Any moms who have advice on how to get a child into a bedtime routine, please do, share! Otherwise, I may need more than one cup of a caffeinated beverage!

2 comments:

April said...

That is wonderful that Jackson slept so long! Oh and that mug is too cute.

Regarding a good bedtime routine...our's was feed/wake/feed/sleep. Just to explain.....we wanted our babies as full as possible (without throwing up) before bed. To do this we allowed more time between the last two feedings of the day to help ensure baby would be very hungry for the last feeding. I would also keep baby awake as much as possible between the last two feedings to ensure he would be very sleepy too. If he is napping to close to bedtime he won't sleep as long. The only problem to this routine is keeping the baby awake that last feeding to ensure he is very full. I used a wet wash cloth or took off their clothes. It worked for me.

Hope this helps. I have prayed for you.

Witness My Fitness said...

April, I will try that! Thanks!