Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year, Troy's family went to Mimi's for Thanksgiving. It was pretty good, except for their bread pudding, which tastes too much like rum. Their turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams, and bread are delicious, though! After going to Mimi's, we hung out with the family at Troy's parent's house. We all went through Black Friday adds, watched football (very briefly, on my part), and enjoyed each other's company. Next, we headed Jenni's apartment for another Thanksgiving feast. Mmmm....boy and was it ever a feast! We had our traditional dishes, like my grandma's potato casserole (made by Jenni this year), and sweet potato casserole (made be Michael this year), and then Di got a whole meal from Coo-ka-roo. The stuffing was really, really good! Now, to top that all off, we had a little birthday party for Jackson as well! Phew! What a day!

Jackson in his spiffy Thanksgiving sweater!"They fit!"
Jackson looked through the Black Friday ads while GG looks on.Jackson was very happy with all his presents, and enjoyed playing with his new basketball hoop!Little cookie moster. He has become very fond of chocolate chip cookies. I may be to blame for that.Jackson and his wonderful Aunt Jenni.
To end this blog, even though it is over a week late, here are some of the things I am thankful for...
First and foremost, my salvation though Christ, and God's continuous mercy and grace. I am thankful for all of God's provisions as well!
My husband, who never ceases to care for me or Jackson. He works so hard for us. He is an amazing father as well!
My son, who has been such an amazing blessing in our lives this past year. I love Jackson so much and am thankful that God has given Troy and I the privelege to raise him!
Our familes, who in this past year have shown so much love for Jackson. He is so blessed to have such good aunts, uncles, Grandmas, Grandpas (and all the GREATS, too!).
The opportunity to stay at home with Jackson. Troy works hard so I can stay home (and work hard) to raise our little boy. Not everybody can do this, and it isn't something I take for granted!
Our wonderful church, and fellow Christian friends. God has blessed us with an amazing church that preaches God's word with nothing added and nothing watered down. It is such a joy to have a church family who are just that...a family. The fellowship we experiene at the church is a reflection of God's saving grace in the lives of his people. I am also very thankful for those Christian brothers and sisters who attend other churches, but are still an encouragement and we still experience great fellowship with.
And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for our cat. Yes. My cat. She is sweet and loves us very much. And, she snuggles with me every night. :)

No comments: