Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday Celebrations!

Last Sunday, (Father's Day) was my birthday. Due to the fact that Father's Day was on my birthday, I celebrated all throughout the weekend! On Friday, Troy and I went on another date (yes, for those of you who are counting, that is two weeks in a row...woo-hoo!). We went to The Backstreet in Riverside. This restuarant is where Troy and I went on our second date and discussed the name Jackson for a son. It is an extrememly romantic and relaxing atomosphere! They also have amazing food there, too! If you haven't been there yet, what are you waiting for? Go!(Photo courtesy of backtreet67.com)

On Saturday morning, I went with Troy's family to Simple Simon's in Riverside. They have delicious French Toast there, as well as fresh squeezed orange juice! It was a nice, relaxing, and I must say, tasty breakfast!

After breakfast, Troy, Jackson and I headed to the beach to celebrate with Michael (my twin brother who happens to have the same birthday...go figure!), and both mi
ne Troy's siblings at Corona Del Mar beach. I really enjoyed hanging out with the family! Robyn figured out how to make the perfect s'more and Troy made one for that was the most amazing s'more I've ever had...really! The best thing about this beach trip, though, was showing Jackson the Pacific Ocean for the first time. He was amazed by it and let out a whimper when we turned away from the waves to walk back to the fire pit. He scrambled to see every wave he could! I am so glad he seemed to love it!On Sunday, my actual birthday, we did a combo Father's Day/Birthday celebration with my family. We had pizza and Jenni made scrumptious No-Pudge brownies for me! (Thanks!) Overall, I had a great birthday weekend! Thanks everyone!

No comments: