Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Surgery Update

For those of you who know how "the system" works at Kaiser, they can be soooo slow! The first available date for the consultation with the surgeon is July 17th. They are kidding me, right? Do they now know that I can't pick up my baby?!?!? Apparently not. I've told them, but it doesn't seem to matter. I was told I can call as many times as I want to check for cancellations so I could get in earlier. I called three times today with no avail. July 17th is almost 5 weeks away...and that isn't even the surgery date. Who knows when that will be. I NEED TO PICK UP MY BABY!

Sorry...I'm sure you know that by now, but I need to vent. It is very hard to not be able to pick him up when he is upset or reaching up for me. I have to get someone to do it. Someone else has to walk him outside and show him the birds and the trees like I did every day. Someone else has to put him to bed in his crib at night. Someone else has to pick him up from naps. Someone else....

For those of you who are a "someone else," please understand that I am truly thankful. I'm just trying to deal with this emotionally by venting a little. Again, please pray that I can get in soon! I appreciate all your help and prayers!

No comments: