Well, enough about that! Let's get to the project! I found this quite popular pin several months ago. I think this would be the perfect thing for my kids to play with during the sermon on Sundays. The original pin used it for traveling purposes and it was a generic story board with cars and houses and such. Bible stories make it interesting, I hope, for the kids. So, my plan is to make a few more of these, but today, I started with Jonah and the whale. Jackson requested this story. It was easy enough and I really, really, really enjoyed it---all the way down to making Jonah's sideburns!
Tacky Glue or Sewing/Fabric Glue
Mod Podge or white glue
Permanent, extra fine tip marker
Fabric Markers (optional)
Googly eyes (optional)
Travel Wipe Case
1) Trace the bottom of wipe case onto felt for background.
2) Cut out felt background.
3) Brush Mod Podge onto the back of the wipe case and stick on felt background.
4) Draw onto felt the characters and peices you will need to complete your story (pick any story!).
5) Cut the peices out. Any peices needing to be glued can be glued with Tacky Glue or fabric glue.
6) Let all the felt dry.
7) Put all the pieces into case and give to your child or secretly play with it yourself. I did. (I had to make sure Jonah fit into the whale's belly!)