Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 26: Mod Podge Picture Frame

I have a lot of photo frames.  Sadly, they are all from the era in my life when I was just setting up my first house/apartment and I was afraid of patterns and colors.  I am no longer.  I decided it was time to add a little pizazz to my frames.  I started with a plain, black frame.  I followed the Mod Podge frame tutorial over at TidyMom.net.  I did change it up a bit because I didn't have one thing that her tutorial required.  Also, she used new frames that she stained herself.  I'm saving time and money here.  A month of Pinterest could make someone go broke if you don't watch it!  My goal was to spend very little money on my projects!

 Supplies:
Mod Podge
Cute Scrapbook Paper
Utility knife or exacto knife
Sponge Brush
Old frame
Old Credit Card
Cutting board
Sand Paper

Step 1:  Brush Mod Podge on frame.  Let "set" for 30 seconds.  Put another layer on.  Turn over and put frame onto the back of your scrapbook paper.

Step 2: Rub out all of the "bubbles" and bumps with an old credit card.

Step 3:  Cut along the edges of the frame.  Three slots for photos was kind of hard to cut around.  I don't recommend that.

Step 4:  See all the rough edges.  No need to worry!  Smooth out the edges with...

...your piece of sandpaper.  If you want to, you can scuff up the edges a bit.  I did, so the scrapbook paper ended up blending in nicely with the frame.

Step 5:  Cover front of frame with one last layer of Mod Podge to seal it.

Enjoy!  I think I may be doing this to a lot more of my frames!  This is much much better than just plain old black!


No comments: