Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 23: Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies


I have a confession to make.  I tricked you.  I didn't put "Healthy" in the title just in case it would sway you from reading this post.  You see, these cookies are healthy.  They are "clean" and they are delicious!  If I were giving out awards for chocolate chip cookie recipes, this would win for healthiest, most creative, and perhaps one of the most tasty!

I first pinned this recipe back when I was a new pinned and though, "Ooohhh...I'm going to make those really soon!"  Several months later, I finally got around to it and I'm so glad I did!


The unique thing about these cookies is the main ingredient.  It's not flour.  It's not almond meal.  It's garbanzo beans.  That's right!  Chickpeas!  Who would have thought!?!  The recipe is found at a blog called Texanerin Baking.  And, I'm telling you these are delicious!  They are best hot out of the oven, or, they can be baked, frozen and heated up in the microwave and are tasty that way.  These cookies are packed with protein and only about 80 calories each.  Make sure to visit Texanerin Baking to get the recipe!  (I'm not posting here because I followed the recipe exactly, so Texanerin Baking gets all the credit!)





No comments: