Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 24: Homemade Microwave Popcorn

Who would have guessed that 1/2 cup popcorn kernels plus a paper bag and a few minutes in the microwave equals a delicious snack?  This is so simple!  I actually just saw this in a pin a few days ago.  I just had to try it!
Instructions:
1)  Get a paper lunch bag.
2)  Put in the bag a 1/2 cup of kernels in the bag.  I chose these red popcorn kernels. 
3) Fold the bag over twice.
4)  Put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until the popping slows to 1-2 pops per second.  (My bag took 2 minutes.)
5) Sprinkle with a little salt and butter (we used Earth Balance Whipped Spread).  Shake in bag.
6)  Enjoy!




To view the tutorial I got the instructions from, please go to this link to Squawkfox.com.  There are a few ideas for popcorn toppings as well on the site.

No comments: