Monday, February 18, 2013

30 Days of Pinterest in Hindsight


I thoroughly enjoyed my doing my 30 Days of Pinterest posts.  I feel as if I found my creative side again.  Or, my need to be creative on a regular basis, rather.  I suppose I thrive on that sort of thing, and in the past 7 or 8 years, I have thrown it on the back burner, only to bring it up in a rush when planning a party or doing a shower for someone else.  It was nice just to be creative for me.  It was somewhat therapeutic to know that despite the tantrum(s) I endured that day, the dishes that continuously fill up my sink, the laundry that seems to grow out of hampers, or the (daily) vacuuming that one with toddlers and preschoolers must do, I could just sit and do something creative.  I could wrap my mind around something different for a change.  And the fact that I didn't get everything done all day is okay.  I don't need to feel guilty for doing a little project here and there, even though the dishes aren't done.
(I found this print on Pinterst, and the link only had the image, so no photo credit here.)
I had a few people say in the past month, "How do you do it all?"  The answer to that is simply, I don't!  I am learning that I not only need to give my kids, husband, and others grace, but myself as well.  Giving myself grace is the hardest of all.  If the dishes aren't done when Troy gets home from work, or the expectations that I have made for myself haven't been met by that time, it is so easy to beat myself up.  This is why I love the verse 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.  That God that His grace is all I need!  It is sufficient!   And, not only that, but His power is made perfect in weakness.  How, then, could I beat myself up for not getting the dishes done before dinner???
Photo credit: http://www.bethanyaleshire.com/2012/03/power-in-weakness_10.html
So, to all who have read my blog over the past month and wondered, "How does she do it all,"  just remember, I don't.  I still struggle with being gracious with myself.  I still struggle with the pride that comes crumbling down when other people see my weakness, or see my dirty dishes (gasp!).  I have to constantly remind myself that Christ has all that covered.

With that said, I will be doing a weekly Pinterest post as best I can in order to keep my creative side alive.  

For your convenience, here is a list of links to all the the 30 Days of Pinterest Posts:

No comments: