Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My 5-Year Old!

Thankfulness Day 7: My 5-Year Old!
Five years ago today, I gave birth to my first born son.  A first time mother can never guess how much her life will change at that moment.  Now, I can't imagine my life without him!  He brightens everyday with his smile and very social personality.   Like any five-year-old, he is very much into Legos.  He still loves to sleep with his stuffed Curious George and loves me to sing "Baby Mine" to him at bedtime, so I cherish that.  He has almost grown out of naps, but will take a nap once or twice a week.  Here are a few of his favorite things:
(Translation) Favorite color: blue; Favorite book: Lego Star Wars; Favorite Song: Star Wars (Luke Skywalker's Theme);  Favorite thing to do is: Spend time with cousins.

I am so thankful for Jackson.  God has been so gracious to him.  He is healthy, smart, and, as his mother, I am just going to say that he is a handsome boy!  He is inquisitive about Christ and he says he believes in him.  That is our hope!  This is the thing I want most for him.  He can grow up to be a teacher, doctor, zoologist, construction worker, or a bus driver.  To me, all those things seem so small compared to a relationship with Christ.

No comments: