Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Sweet Kids

Today I am thankful for my kids.  They are all three so different and I love them all so very much!  Jackson is smart and witty and constantly contemplates the world around him. Madelyn is sweet, with a little sour and silly thrown in.  Owen is my happy little cuddle bug who wants so much to be like his brother and sister.  I thank the lord for these three blessings everyday.

Recently, Troy's show interviewed Keith and Kristyn Getty for Haven Today Radio and he brought home their new CD.  The third track on the CD is called A Mother's Prayer.  The lyrics are so precious because they explain exactly what I desire and pray for my children.  In the beginning of the song, I love the words...

"I pray your little frame grows strong
And that faith takes hold when you are young.
This is my prayer for you."

The song continues...

"This world is not as it should be,
But the Savior opens eyes to see
All that's beautiful and True.
Oh may His light fill are you are
And the jewel of wisdom crown your heart,
This is my prayer for you."

And towards the end of the song,

"May my mistakes not hinder you,
But His grace remain and guide you through.
This is my prayer for you."

The song says it all.  I love my kids so much and I want them to know the sweet love of Christ.  I thank God for the opportunity to love my kids by showing them the love of Christ.


No comments: